The sacrament of Confirmation, along with Baptism and First Eucharist, is one of the three Sacraments of Initiation. At Confirmation the Holy Spirit strengthens the baptized Christians and endows them with gifts to enable them to carry out their mission to be Christ in the world and to continue building God’s kingdom.
Requirements for Youth:
- Youth preparing for Confirmation must be 16 years old by mid May of the Confirmation year or be in the 10th grade.
- The youth must attend Confirmation classes beginning in the fall.
- A copy of their Baptismal certificate must be on file in the parish office and the family must be registered at St. Edward and be attending Mass regularly.
Requirements for Sponsors:
- Sponsors must have received all three Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and First Eucharist.
- Sponsors must be regularly practicing the Catholic Faith and be at least 16 years old.
- Sponsors must be living a Christian vocation as a single person or as a person validly married in the Church.
- Sponsors must strive to live out their own Baptismal commitment to Christ and His Church, believe all that the Roman Catholic church teaches and believes, and make a serious effort to live an upright life.
Confirmation of Adults:
Adults seeking the sacrament of Confirmaion should contact the church office at 541-258-5333